Friday, May 31, 2013

The Joy of Learning - A Workshop Featuring "Chief Mum" Carrie Lupoli

When I first began this blog to document our activities “in lieu of preschool” (there’s a great blog by that name, by the way), I thought of the words that would capture the essence of what my husband and I wish to provide for our children. I came up with the following: love, wonder, magic, imagination, exploration, discovery, and lastly, the phrase “joyful learning.”

People often wonder how to make learning joyful for children. The answer is really very simple – PLAY. The phrase “play is the work of childhood,” attributed to renowned developmental psychologist Jean Piaget, captures what childhood is about. Children wake up in the morning ready to play, it is the language that they understand, it is something that they do naturally. It is through play that they explore and learn about the world.

The idea that learning should be joyful is close to my heart. It is something that I believe in, encourage in my children, and actively advocate through the parenting seminars that The Learning Basket holds around Metro Manila. Ever the learner myself, I am excited to be a partner and participant of an event that promotes joyful learning.


Joy of Learning Workshop

Fisher-Price brings to Manila “The Joy of Learning Workshop” featuring international parenting consultant Ms. Carrie Lupoli. Founder of Live and Learn Asia, a special needs consultancy firm in Singapore, Carrie is also “Chief Mum” of Mum Centre, a family of parenting blogs in Asia. I am excited to participate and learn from fellow parent-educator Carrie in the workshop on June 16!



Tickets are priced at P1000, but that already includes lunch, snacks, a gift bag, and of course the workshop fee. There are also great raffle prizes, including book baskets from The Learning Basket for five lucky parents during the workshop.

You can buy your tickets from us (just email me at mariel@thelearningbasket.com or text me at 09175215606) at a 10% discount. You will also be entitled to join me and Sanne in a private meet and greet with Carrie on June 17. Get ready with your questions and see you at the workshop!



Make magic!


Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

1 comment:

beng said...

hi mariel, where can i buy bfiar ?