Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The ABC Bunny: There's More Than Just One Alphabet Song



There’s more than just one alphabet song! Everyone knows the one that sounds like “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and "Baa Baa Black Sheep", both variations of an old French tune. For variety, though, check out the other songs that you can sing with your child.

The ABC Bunny introduced us to a wonderful, foot stamping, tralalalala ABC song. A 1933 book by Newberry Honor Book awardee Wanda Gag, I had thought it would be just another alphabet book. But as all books on the Before Five in a Row booklist, The ABC Bunny managed to engage and please us with the bunny dashing through all letters of the alphabet, the rhythmic words, the magnificent charcoal drawings, and of course the song that somebody kindly recorded and uploaded to You Tube.





A YOU'RE ADORABLE     With this inspiration, we sang the other alphabet songs that we know. Sing along with me now!
A, you're adorable
B, you're so beautiful
C, you're a cutie full of charms
D, you're a darling
E, you're exciting
F, you're a feather in my arms
G, you look good to me
H, you're so heavenly
I, you're the one I idolize
J, we're like Jack and Jill,
K, you're so kissable
L, is the love light in your eyes
M, N, O, P
I could go on all day
Q, R, S, T
Alphabetically speaking, you're Okay!
U, made my life complete
V, means you're very sweet
W, X, Y, Z



It's fun to wander through the alphabet with you to tell you what you mean to me


APPLE, APPLE     A long time ago, I learned a phonics chant from my nephew, which I used to teach Little T the letter sounds. It's fun and flexible and you can use any word that you want or see around you.
Apple, Apple A-A-A
Baby, Baby B-B-B
Carrot, Carrot C-C-C
Daddy Daddy D-D-D
Ear, Ear E-E-E
Feather, Feather F-F-F
etcetera!


EVERY LETTER MAKES A SOUND     From the LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Alphabet Set, we sang:
The A says Ah! The A says Ah! 
Every letter makes a sound
The A says Ah!

The B says Buh! The B says Buh!
Every letter makes a sound
The B says Buh!
Etcetera!


We don't have to be confined to good, old Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. I hope you have fun with these alphabet songs, and maybe you can even make up one of your own!

Make magic!

mariel
Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

2 comments:

audrey said...

my son would love this!! do you have a copy in stock? :)

Mariel @ The Learning Basket said...

Hi Audrey! Sorry we don't. I bought mine (ay ours pala haha) brand new from Amazon I think :)