Thursday, July 19, 2012

Make Reading An Effective and Lasting Habit - A Free Parenting Seminar


I was thrilled when Vanessa of THE LEARNING LIBRARY emailed me a month ago, enthusing about this blog and online book shop, and wanting to meet because of our similar names (she's library, I'm basket!) and same passion for children's books. It was perfect timing because my bookshop partner, Sanne, and I were actually in the middle of planning our events and looking for a July venue.  




Though I have seen THE LEARNING LIBRARY'S branches around, I did not know anything about them. I visited their website and was amazed to find out that their programs are "anchored on a library of over 4,000 of the best children's books" - heaven, if you ask me! 


As a reading advocate, their mission is very close to my heart: "To encourage and develop in children a lifelong love for reading that will make them smart, independent and insightful learners." To top it off, they are also passionate about teaching good Filipino communication skills and fostering love of country in children through their Wika'y Ang Galing program. Kindred spirits, right?


The Gift of Reading


I really couldn't have asked for a better partner for an event that Sanne and I have envisioned - an intimate gathering of parents who want to give the gift of reading to their children. 

So, please, come and join us in a free parenting seminar that The Learning Basket and THE LEARNING LIBRARY are jointly offering. Learn how to choose the best books AND get your kids to keep reading them. Learn the secrets to making reading a lifelong habit! 



We'll also have storytelling plus arts and crafts, so bring the kids along! And of course, our wonderful selection of books will be there, so you'll have a chance to bring home the books that will be discussed in our seminar.

Kindly leave a comment or send us an email at mariel@thelearningbasket.com to make sure we have enough seats. Let us know also how old your child is.

I'm looking forward to meeting you!


Make magic!


Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

16 comments:

Mariel @ The Learning Basket said...

See you then! :)

Mariel @ The Learning Basket said...

We'll be happy to have you! :)

Imee Binay said...

Hi, my husband, Joey and I will attend together with two of our book lover kids, Angela Jared, 11 and Mandi, 8. Thank you.See you! God bless!

cheng said...

we'd love to join! will go with hubby and the 2 kiddos (10mos and 2yo) + yaya :)

Mariel @ The Learning Basket said...

Hi! See you!

Mariel @ The Learning Basket said...

Great! Looking forward to meeting you!

AJ Catungal said...

Hi Teacher Mariel! We'd love to join :) Angel is 3.10 y/o :)

Janice Lim said...

I'd love to come. Will bring along my hubby and kids ages 10, 9 and 1. :D

Mariel @ The Learning Basket said...

See you there Daisy! And I'm glad you're enjoying the books!

Daisy said...

I'll be joining too! Will be bringing my kids aged 4 and 3. My husband will also join, so that makes us 4! Looking forward to meeting you, so love the books I ordered from you! Thanks!

Mariel @ The Learning Basket said...

Would be happy to meet you, Zendie!

Zendie said...

Sounds exciting Ms. Mariel! :) I'm joining together with my 3.5yo daughter. Thank you! :)

Mariel @ The Learning Basket said...

Looking forward to meeting you!

Fidji Frances Grace said...

Coming! :) My son Boom (6y/o) and me <3 - fidji sarmiento

Mariel @ The Learning Basket said...

Hi Mommy Cheryl! I replied to you in your email :)

Haocheryl said...

how i wish i could join but baby is still 8months, he might disturb the seminar if he cries